The overall purpose of EL PAcCTO: Support to AMERIPOL is to improve the capacities of the police, judicial and prosecutor bodies of partner countries against organised crime. The programme encompasses the following countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Panama, Peru and the Dominican Republic.
It is expected that the following results will be achieved:
- Enhance AMERIPOL structure
- Consolidate the AMERIPOL Pilot Information System (SIPA) and the effective information exchange system among partner countries.
- Sign and ratify the Quito Agreement.
- Increase AMERIPOL’s capacity to improve police cooperation and joint investigations and operations.
- Encourage participation in project activities by other countries.