Joint Research Team
What is a Joint Investigation Team?
A fundamental tool of international cooperation of very recent creation.
2. A tool for the coordination of judicial authorities against crime.
Participants: Public prosecutors, possibly also judges, and police authorities of the countries.
Immediate exchange of information FACILITAN:
1. Determination of jurisdiction between countries in case of transnational crime.
2. Adapting the actions of the judicial authorities to the pace at which major criminals commit crimes.
3. Fast and secure transmission of evidentiary material between countries.
What is the PAcCTO doing to promote a JIT in Latin America?
IN AGREEMENT WITH: AIAMP, REMPF, COMJIB AND IJC
1. Promote the extension and updating of national and international regulations on the formation and operation of JITs.
2. Facilitate the creation of new ECIs, as well as contribute to their proper functioning.
Generate regional standards on ECIs and identify good practices, difficulties and needs.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)