Peru / Cooperation between justice systems
During 2018 and 2019, study visits of different high national authorities to The Hague were developed to learn about the functioning of Eurojust, specifically Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay and Peru. On March 4, 2021, there was an online meeting of Eurojust with the Attorney General’s Offices of Ecuador, Panama, El Salvador, Honduras, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Bolivia and Dominican Republic, in addition to Chile as president of AIAMP.
As a result, almost all national prosecutors’ offices have designated contact points with Eurojust. Subsequently, operational meetings have been held between Eurojust and the contact points of several of these prosecutors’ offices.
This activity will last for three days and will be attended:
- Contact points with Eurojust of the representative prosecutors’ offices designated by each Ibero-American institution: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica and Mexico.
- Prosecutors in charge of international cooperation from Cuba, Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala, with the capacity to assume the status of contact points with Eurojust.
- Prosecutors that integrate joint investigation teams, with a maximum of 8 assistants. In this case, the confirmation of the members of all the JITs of all the states involved will be necessary.
- Four representatives of Eurojust.
The general objectives of the activity:
- To facilitate a more agile and fluid judicial cooperation between LA and EU.
- To design procedures with recognizable legal guarantees between LA and the EU.
- To create common working dynamics between states or institutions.