Spain / Police Cooperation
Joint operations planning meeting between Latin America and the European Union on environmental crimes
The next activity of the joint operations planning meeting between Latin America and the European Union on environmental crimes will take place on March 4, 5 and 6, 2020 in Madrid, Spain, to determine the this year’s top-priority investigations, establish specific timetables and exchange information on the big cases that will be supported. Just before this, on March 2-4, in parallel with the activity, a meeting of the European network of police officers specialised in environmental crime, EnviCrimeNet, will also take place, which will also be attended by the official contact points from the Latin American countries in the Jaguar Network.
This is the second working meeting that has been organised since the May 2019 meeting at which the Jaguar Network was officially created and the list of actions and investigations that will be supported by EL PAcCTO, EUROPOL and EMPACT EnviCrime in the same year was drawn up. Therefore, the organisation of a similar meeting in 2020, at which the methodology will be to work on specific actions and set up a specific timetable, will be essential for achieving the expected results and for consolidating the Jaguar Network.
This meeting will be attended by:
- Focal points of the Jaguar Network from Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama and Peru.
- Focal points of the Jaguar Network from the member countries of the European Union interested in the subject.
- A representative of EUROPOL’s AP EnviCrime.
- A representative of INTERPOL.
- Representatives of the EL PAcCTO programme.