EL PAcCTO: The general purpose of Support to AMERIPOL is to improve the capacities of the police, judicial and fiscal bodies of partner countries against organised crime. The programme encompasses the following countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Panama, Peru and the Dominican Republic.
It is expected that the following results will be achieved:
- Reinforce reaching these results.
- Consolidate the AMERIPOL Pilot Information System (SIPA) and the effective information exchange system among partner countries.
- Sign and ratify the Quito Agreement.
- Increase AMERIPOL’s capacity to improve police cooperation and joint investigations and operations.
- Encourage participation in project activities by other countries.